Nissan at Vietnam International Motor Show 2016
HO CHI MINH CITY (OCT, 26TH 2016) – Nissan’s participation at the Vietnam International Motor Show (VIMS) 2016 from 26th to 30th October 2016 at the Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC) is to introduce the following models:
- The newly launched Nissan X-Trail Premium Crossover
- The all-new Nissan Teana 2016 – Nissan’s flagship sedan
- And the Sunny compact sedan with new accessories for both the exterior and interior.
“VIMS 2016 is an extremely important event which provides Nissan an opportunity to communicate Nissan’s brand image and product direction with the primary objective of creating awareness and interest in Nissan brand and its model lineup.” said Mr. Khoo Cheng Pah, General Director of Nissan Vietnam.
Nissan’s booth theme for VIMS 2016 is “Intelligent Mobility”, in line with the new global brand vision & ambition to make Nissan vehicles more intelligent and hence more exciting partners through the following three factors.
(1) Nissan Intelligent Driving: more confidence through increased safety, control and comfort for all on board
(2) Nissan Intelligent Power: more exciting through driving pleasure that is also clean and efficient
(3) Nissan Intelligent Integration: more connected by conveniently linking our cars and the wider society.
The Intelligent Mobility features are abundantly evidenced in the newly launch X-Trail Premium Crossover. Some of these features are:
- Ground-breaking Active Chassis Control technology that combines Active Ride Control and Active Engine Braking, two world-firsts, with Active Trace Control, a Nissan-first. This intelligent system ensures a smooth, stress-free driving experience
- Nissan’s renowned four-wheel drive system; the ALL MODE INTELLIGENT 4×4 System (4×4-i) that provides different driving modes based on road conditions.
- A first-in-class 360° Around View Monitor that makes parking & driving in the congested narrow streets of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City a breeze.
- Auto-lift tailgate with sensor touch that brings convenience to loading luggage & shopping items to a whole new level.
This 3rd generation X-trail inherits Nissan’s 60-year 4WD heritage combining renowned characteristics of Nissan vehicles i.e a strong & durable engine, fuel economy & a solid chassis with advanced technologies and a luxurious interior to provide a premium comfortable driving experience. Already available in 190 markets, the All-New X-Trail has won numerous awards and accolades around the world, some of which are:
- 5-Star Safety Standards for Euro NCAP in 2014
- “Best Japanese SUV – Top 10 Best Car” in Hong Kong in 2014
- “Best SUV in America” 2014 by J.D. Power (Nissan Rogue)
- “SUV of the year” in Singapore in 2014
- 5-Star Safety Standards ASEAN NCAP in 2016 (Adult Protection)
Nissan Teana 2016
The new Nissan Teana 2016 is launched at VIMS 2016 and comes wit outstanding and prominent exterior changes: Boomerang shaped LED head lamp, Nissan signature V-Motion grille, refined chrome rear and front bumper, new sporty alloy wheels to create a new handsome premium look. The interior is also equipped with high-class leather seat material with wood-panelled Interior details to exude a sense of elegance and luxury.
The new Nissan Teana 2016 is fully imported as a completely-build-up (CBU) model from the US and is equipped with the following outstanding features:
- 4-cylinder engine in-line (Động cơ 4 xy-lanh thẳng hàng) mated with the latest Xtronic-CVT transmission to provide better acceleration and fuel economy
- Independent multi-Link suspension are redesigned to create flexibility and provide a smooth and comfortable ride
- The front driver seat is inspired by NASA research on astronauts’ comfort while hovering in the state of zero gravity to help reduce pressure on the body while giving the most comfortable and relaxing sitting posture.
New version of Nissan Sunny
Available in 170 countries, the Nissan Sunny is the best selling vehicle of Nissan globally. In Vietnam, the Nissan Sunny is highly appreciated for the compact exterior dimensions while providing spacious interior room, durability, great fuel economy and low cost of ownership.
This Nissan Sunny is now offered with a new set of interior and exterior accessories to offer an even more luxurious look and feel. For this variant with new accessories, the outer door wing mirror is integrated with the turning indicators while other details such as fog lights and radiator supports are also being emphasized with premium chrome rims plus a new sporty and powerful looking Nismo rear spoiler. The Nissan Sunny variant also comes with a new navigation system that has an advanced but user-friendly touch screen for added driver confidence.
At VIMS 2016, Customers can sign up to test-drive Nissan models via the link: http://www.nissan.com.vn/mua-xe/dang-ky-lai-thu/
Nissan Vietnam Co. Ltd. (NVL) began operations in Vietnam in December 2008 to import & distribute Nissan vehicles, parts & accessories. The company is a joint venture between Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. (NML) Japan & Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad (TCMH), an established Malaysian investment holding company with principle activities consisting of the import, assembly and distribution of Nissan motor vehicles in Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
Nissan is a prestigious global Japanese automobile brand & delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands.
Nissan’s representation in Vietnam consists of the imported Navara, Juke, Teana, & Urvan models plus the locally assembled Sunny built at the TCIE Vietnam (TCIEV) assembly plant in Danang.
On 28 September 2016, TCIEV officially introduced the newly launched Nissan X-Trail Crossover. Inheriting Nissan’s 60-year 4WD heritage, this 3rd generation X-Trail combines traditional characteristics of Nissan vehicles; strong & durable engine, fuel savings, a solid chassis control with advanced technologies and a luxurious interior to provide a premium comfortable driving experience for this class of vehicles.
The newly launched Nissan X-Trail will be viewed at VIMS 2016 together with the Navara, Sunny & Teana.
For more information and media enquiries, please contact:
- Bùi Thị Ngọc Thúy, PR Officer
Nissan Vietnam Co., Ltd (NVL)
Tel: +84 (4) 7301 1333 / Fax: +84 (4) 7302 2333
Mobile: 01696 435 080
- Đỗ Vũ Diệu Linh, PR Consultant
Le & Brothers Limited (Le Bros)
Tel: (+84.4) 38689568 / Fax: (+84.4) 38689569
Mobile: 0916 483 839